Here is a series by Nathan Lewis at The Huffington Post, explaining the hidden workings of our finanical system, using Goldman Sachs as the lens. I recommend reading them.
- Do We Need Goldman Sachs?
- The GS-Files 2: Stuffing the Taxpayer
- The GS-Files 3: Heads We Win, Tails You Lose
- The GS-Files 4: Always a Winner
About the author
Lewis was Chief International Economist and later Global Strategist for firms providing investment research to institutions. He previously worked in financial journalism in Toyko. Today, he is a fund manager.
His writing has been published in the Financial Times, Asian Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Japan Times, Daily Yomiuri, Nikkei Business, Pravda, and other publications. Nathan Lewis has also written for academic publications, and has appeared on television in Asia and the Middle East.
An original thinker — often quite radical — he writes at his website New World Economics.
Other articles by Nathan Lewis
- “Will Japan’s Leaders Finally Get It Right?”, Wall Street Journal, 15 March 2001
- “The root cause of Japanese bad debt”, Financial Times, 14 October 2002
- “Where’s The Gold?”, The Huffington Post, 26 June 2009
Originally published at Fabius Maximus and reproduced here with the author’s permission.