Questions: There are over 3 hundred million of us. There are only 638 of them. (435 in the House; 200 in the Senate; and the Three Stooges, Paulson, Bernanke and Geithner.)
- You wanna’ maybe walk me thru why we sit here and let them run roughshod over the top of us — and several, future generations of Americans, too?
- Can you draw me a picture of what possesses us to remain silent, having observed Wall Street pillage and plunder, making themselves fabulously wealthy in the process, setting off an unfathomable string of “unintended consequences”, noting that “unintended” is a substitute for “who gives a fig”?
Not the least of which is a credit crisis which has wreaked havoc around the globe. And which has managed to unmask glaring chinks in our financial foundation, up to and including the current crisis in Detroit, the student who can’t get money for school, the extreme financial duress of the states which, in turn, is giving rise to draconian measures, the world shipping industry at a standstill, the masses who have and who will lose jobs and the 96-year old widow who cannot transfer to assisted living as there is currently no market for her home.
We know which group and what m.o. is the root cause of all the misery. Why on earth would we allow the same group of maladjusted moon-calves to mete out the same m.o. as remedy? It is beyond imagination.
I also continue to wonder aloud why we are not already in the streets, protesting the fact that we are being robbed by the FED 24/7. While Mr. Bernanke fights demands for transparency as to what collateral and from whom it has been accepted because such revelation would be “counterproductive”, I ask this:
Do we have any idea what it means when the FED — which creates those Federal Reserve Notes which serve as our legal tender — refuses to reveal what is supporting them?
Clearly, it means that they are not proud of the collateral that they have accepted as replacement for the once-pristine backing of US Treasury bills and notes. Thus, it is reasonable to surmise that they have abused rules and regulations by accepting schlock in exchange for money, which transaction is the ultimate responsibility of John Q. Public. That alone, ladies and germs, should be enough to get your BP up.
Know this: We are easy prey and are being dispossessed by the minute. Think about that, will you? By what measure of audacity did they embark on the grand theft of the United States? By what measure of complacency do we allow them to continue to ransack our personal finances?
Perhaps the answer to her questions is that we are sheep, and unable to bear the burdens of citzenship. Time wears away the surface of things, showing the true metal underneath.
If you are new to this site, please glance at the archives below. You may find answers to your questions in these.
Please share your comments by posting below. Per the FM site’s Comment Policy, please make them brief (250 words max), civil, and relevant to this post. Or email me at fabmaximus at hotmail dot com (note the spam-protected spelling).
For more information from the FM site
To read other articles about these things, see the FM reference page on the right side menu bar. Of esp relevance to this topic:
- about the Financial crisis – what’s happening? how will this end?
- about the End of the post-WWII geopolitical regime
- some Good News about America!
Posts on the FM site about the American spirit, the American soul:
- Diagnosing the eagle, chapter IV – Alienation, 13 January 2008
- Americans, now a subservient people (listen to the Founders sigh in disappointment), 20 July 2008
- de Tocqueville warns us not to become weak and servile, 21 July 2008
- A philosphical basis for the Batman saga, 23 July 2008
- The American spirit speaks: “Baa, Baa, Baa”, 5 August 2008
- We’re Americans, hear us yell: “baa, baa, baa”, 6 August 2008
- The intelligentsia takes easy steps to abandoning America, 19 August 2008
- Symptoms of a fever afflicting America’s culture, 5 November 2008
- The corruption of a nation is usually hidden, but sometimes becomes visible, 21 November 2008
- German Finance Minister Peer Steinbrück explains how the world is changing
- How To Be a Sheep
- Americans: Sheep to the Constitutional Slaughter?
- I Knew I Wouldn’t Like It…